Monday, August 1, 2022

La Bocca Felice

After an afternoon movie with the girls, we headed to San Pedro to one of my favorite restaurants, La Bocca Felice. I was just there 3 weeks ago celebrating both my brothers' birthdays. 

It was again lovely to see Nima and our favorite server, Francisco. Sujata and Cindy had never been to this restaurant, so I insisted we order their signature dish, Capesante; jumbo scallops with dried cranberries, pine nuts, and shaved parmesan cooked in marsala wine. We did not order more appetizers as we already had some while watching the movie at my house.

Zohreh ordered the Swordfish Milanese covered with an arugula salad. We had to peek to see if the fish was in there somewhere. It was! Cindy had the Pappardelle Short Rib Ragu, which she loved. Sandi had the same, but she opted for the fettuccine instead of the pappardelle. 

Sujata decided on the Linguine Pesto E Gamberi. I wondered how good it was; she was kind enough to offer me a taste. She normally eats like a bird, and though she did her best, she could only eat half her linguine, and guess who the happy recipient of her leftover was? I ordered the Vitello Marsala. I did enjoy this very tender veal, but I thought it lacked something; pasta on the side. Zohreh thought the same for her dish. When I mentioned this to Francisco, he happily informed me that next time all I have to do is ask, and they would include it. 

I love that La Bocca Felice is very accommodating. The free corkage is also a big plus. It's always nice to be able to bring something from one's collection. None of us were interested in dessert, especially since I promised to serve them some homemade limoncello when we got home. 

Thank you, Francisco and Nima, for ensuring we ladies were taken care of. The restaurant is at 301 W. 6th St. in San Pedro, California.




No comments:

Post a Comment