Saturday, August 27, 2022

Tatel

Ramon and John have never been to Tatel and when they mentioned they wanted to try it, Sandi and I volunteered to accompany them. They were in for a treat at this wonderful Spanish restaurant. I told them about the prix-fixe they have which is very reasonable and it includes their famous cheescake.

The reservation was made by Ramon and as soon as we walked in there was my favorite server, Yago who immediately called my name like we were long-lost friends. It's nice that I don't have to be an Angelina Jolie to be recognized. We sat at our usual table outside which is not totally outside since it is still under the roof. 

Yago brought us their regular menu so I asked for their prix-fixe menu and he informed us that they only have that on weekdays and this being a Saturday, it was not available. That was a disappointment so I just willingly suggested to the 2 men what I thought they should try. They happily considered my suggestion. John ordered my favorite Potato Salad with tuna. For his entrée, he went with the Prime Beef Tenderloin which looked good. Ramon ordered Green Bean Salad w/ Miso dressing. He also decided to try their famous Iberico Pork Loin. For sides, they both decided to share some Sautéed Spinach and some Brussels Sprouts. They enjoyed their selection of dishes. Before we even got started, we were served a delicious cold and refreshing Tomato Soup.




Sandi and I split their delicious Roasted Beet Salad with oranges, avocado, hazelnut with a light coconut dressing. For our entrée, I asked Sandi if she was game in ordering the Spanish Wild Sea Bass in Salt Crust for two. The server came to show us the fish in the salt crust and moved to a corner and proceeded to crack the crust and fillet the fish. I would have preferred for him to do it table-side as this is part of the presentation/entertainment. This is how they served it in Sorrento, Italy when I first had it 20 years ago. He placed a linen napkin on top of the fish and tapped it with the back of a spoon. He then came with the finished product, served with roasted tomatoes and lemon. The roasted garlic was just as delicious when eaten with the fish. The tomatoes were so sweet. I could definitely order this again. 


For the finale, we had to have their most famous Cheescake. I have said this several times that even if you are not a cheesecake fan, this will be the exception since there is nothing like it.

Unless you live in Ibiza or Madrid in Spain, you will not be able to experience the wonderful Spanish cuisine at Tatel except for the one in Beverly Hills, California.




No comments:

Post a Comment