Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Blufish Sushi & Grill

We celebrated my son's belated birthday last night. I asked him where he wanted to go, and his response was a sushi restaurant. My Japanese friend Sophie recommended this restaurant to me, so I took her recommendation seriously. I looked at the menu to see if they had other things besides sushi or sashimi since this was not Sandi's cup of tea. Luckily they had a ton of different dishes.

The menu was extensive, so it was hard to make a decision. We first ordered Garlic Edamame and Soft Shell Crab Tempura to share. Erik and I decided to share the Sashimi Combo B, which included 16 pieces (chef's choice) of sashimi with a spicy tuna roll. What a treat!

This was definitely not enough for the 2 of us, so he chose the Burning Man Roll, which had tuna and veggies with jalapeño. That was very spicy; after I had one, I had to eat the rest without the jalapeño. The Mango Shrimp was super delicious. I don't remember what the other ingredients were but trust me, it was mouth-watering. 


Sandi opted for the Chicken Teriyaki with rice and salad. She had me taste the chicken, which was different from most chicken teriyaki because the sauce was nice and light as opposed to heavy, sticky teriyaki sauce. In my excitement from all the sushi and sashimi, I neglected to take a picture of her dish.

We decided to have dessert at home. Blufish Sushi & Grill is located in a small strip mall, and its address is 22804 S. Western Ave. in Torrance, California.




1 comment: