Monday, March 25, 2019

Tilapia at Silog

Another Friday in Lent called for a meal with the absence of meat. I recently saw a picture of a Tilapia fish with coconut milk and curry sauce on the facebook page of Silog. It looked very appealing so last Friday, we ventured over to Silog. Lemuel, the Filipino owner, and the chef was there to greet us and take our order.

Chef Lemuel suggested the Yellowtail Tuna marinated in vinegar with ginger, red and green onions for our appetizer. Sandi is not a sashimi fan but decided to give it a try. She enjoyed the flavor but didn't like the texture of the raw fish. I was delighted to eat the rest and I did inhale them all as they were so nice and fresh and had some kick to it. What Sandi really wanted and looked forward to ordering for appetizer was the Shanghai Lumpia till I told her it had pork in it and pork is meat. Then she announced she would order the Adobo Fried Rice till I informed her again that adobo was also meat. She then said, "I think I should be a Jew this Friday." Hahaaa, if only you could switch just like that. I told her "not a chance". I told her she should then be on her way to the synagogue!


I ordered the special drink which isn't on the menu; Calamansi Mojito which is so good. Our entrée came with soup or salad. We both opted for the salad which we both love. It's a small salad with a sesame dressing and chopped fresh mango.


The Tilapia from Canada was lightly breaded and fried. The fish was crisp outside, tender inside The curry coconut sauce was delicious and I even had to ask for more sauce which went well with the rice.


We split an order of Turon; fried banana served with mango ice cream for dessert. We left feeling very satisfied. One of these days, we will have to try the "Filipino" breakfast.


Silog is located at 1555 Sepulveda Blvd. in Torrance, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment