Friday, March 15, 2019

Gaetano's Family Night

We haven't been to "Family Night" at Gaetano's in a while so it was time for us to check it out once more. I could never remember if it was Tuesday or Wednesday that you can get dinner for 4 for a very reasonable price. It is now $55 which is a bargain for what you get. I made my reservation through Opentable but before that, I called the restaurant to make sure it was on a Tuesday and I asked the lady I spoke with what time it started. Her exact words were: " I believe it's 4 p.m.", I asked if she was sure and she said yes. I blame myself for not asking her name because when we all showed up at 4 p.m., we were told that it doesn't start till 5 p.m. They even suggested for us to wait till 5 p.m. I asked for Vince, Andreanna, Sean (owners) but they were all not there. I asked them politely to please call one of them because it was unanimous that we did not want to wait till 5 and we were ready to go elsewhere. Our server later came back to say they would honor the deal and serve us. The lesson here is whenever you ask a question from a restaurant, always ask you are speaking with.

Zohreh, Sandi, Amy and I were ready for the feast. We started with our favorite Arancini, rice balls which are the best with their wonderful sauce. We then had a Caesar Salad; for our pasta dish we decided on the Penne Asparagi; penne pasta with grilled chicken, mushrooms, garlic, parmesan in an olive oil sauce.


For our main meal, we had the Chicken Marsala which never disappoints. We were very happy with our feast. Believe it or not, we even had leftovers!


Gaetano's is located at 2731 Pacific Coast Highway in Torrance, California. I am happy to report that even if this restaurant has been in operation for many years, it is still worth going to.

No comments:

Post a Comment