Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Circa 55

Yet another Travelzoo special that was well worth it. This time it was a buffet brunch with unlimited Mimosas at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Circa 55 is the restaurant by the pool. We left early as we were worried we would be late for our reservation due to street closures for the L.A. Marathon. We arrived way too early which was okay because we had time to walk around, take pictures and we may have acted like silly school girls which was fine since we had fun and didn't know anyone so who's to judge.


We had the option of dining indoor or outdoor. I normally dislike outdoor dining since the food can get cold fast plus I hate birds flying in to join in the festivities. It was a beautiful day and we found a spot in the shade by the lemon trees and so I succumbed to eating outside.


The buffet was quite lavish. There were crab claws, shrimp, oysters, numerous salads. They had slices of tender beef, salmon, potatoes, fried chicken and waffles, vegetables and the usual bacon and eggs, omelets of your choice. Zohreh and I loaded up on the crab claws, beef, and shrimp.  Sandi and Jodi ate like "normal" people, in other words, they did not overeat. The seafood was nice and fresh except for the oysters which they added later. The only way to describe it was "not good".  Other than that, everything was perfect. I must mention that the French fries were wonderful. We had several servings!


Dessert was overwhelming. They had bread pudding, cheese blintz, a variety of tarts and chocolates. I did not try the bread pudding since Sandi makes the best bread pudding so I was afraid I would be disappointed. I had the blintz with the vanilla sauce from the bread pudding. It was delicious though I think it needed a fruit sauce. I was surprised at how the chocolates were of high quality. I especially loved the salted dark chocolates.


All four of us had a great time. Our server Gloria made sure our glasses were never empty from mimosa or water. The next time you see a special deal on Travelzoo for the Sunday Brunch, do not hesitate to try it as you will be glad you did.


No comments:

Post a Comment