Monday, March 18, 2019

Musso & Frank

We had tickets to the Saturday matinee show at the Dolby Theater to watch Grace and Frankie which is a comedy series on Netflix. The comradery, especially between the four main characters, was very enjoyable.  We knew we would get out around dinner (early) time so it was a no-brainer to make a reservation at one of my favorite restaurants, Musso and Frank.

We arrived at around 4:15 pm for our 4:30 reservation. We had to wait our turn as people that had just walked in without reservations were informed there were no tables available unless they wanted to sit in the bar. The very nice maître d', Peter Landroche had someone direct us to our booth.


Shortly after we were seated, our server, Nick asked us what we would like to drink. Sandi opted for her usual non-alcoholic water and I was excited to try their Martini which they are known for. I was always leery about ordering one since I do make a very good one. Before he brought my drink, he gave us some sourdough bread with lots of salted butter. It was hard not to finish the delicious bread but we knew we had to pace ourselves and by the way, the martini did not disappoint!


Though I have been to Musso & Frank numerous times before, I cannot bring myself to order something different. Luckily Sandi agreed with my choices One was their signature dish, Grenadine of Beef; filet beef medallions with a brown sauce topped with a wonderful Bearnaise sauce. The other dish is the famous Original Fettucine Alfredo which is divine. If you haven't been to the original one in Rome, this is it.....the same recipe and you can take my word for it. It is good to split an order of both entrées, that way you have the best of both worlds. Nick suggested we split a salad.  We opted for the Baby Iceberg Wedges with a blue cheese dressing and smoked bacon, chives, and tomato.


Believe it or not, we were really too full for dessert which is unusual especially for me. Nick contributed to our wonderful dining experience and made us feel like we were his only customers even if he had several. I had to inform Mr. Landroche of our memorable experience. It is what dining should be all about. Good food and service equal: " I can't wait to go back". I just have to comment that the gentleman that showed us to our seats was not as friendly as the rest of the staff. Maybe he was having a bad day. Thanks again to Nick. Hope you get to serve us the next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment