Monday, March 11, 2019

Chicken Schnitzel

I have this wonderful recipe and I occasionally make it since it is such a crowd pleaser.  The recipe calls for chicken breast, eggs, flour, bread crumbs. You have to pound the chicken breast to make it thin. I season it with salt and pepper. I then coat it in Wondra flour, dip in eggs and I like to coat them in corn flakes crumbs which give it a slightly sweet taste. It is best to refrigerate it before frying it in lots of butter.

After frying it in butter, I garnish it with rolled anchovies which you can get at the market already rolled. Top it with a lemon slice and chopped parsley or any herb of choice. I serve it with slices of fresh lemon to squeeze over the chicken. This is best served with creamy pasta or potatoes. I served mine with pasta shells and some Brussels sprouts cooked with anchovies, capers, and butter.


The guests supposedly loved them, so at least they said they did!



No comments:

Post a Comment