Sunday, March 17, 2019

Blue Kitchen Mango Chutney

This small jar of Mango Chutney made by Blue Kitchen in the Philippines was sent to me by my mother. I have had their Bicol Express, Santol in the past which was excellent. I finally remembered to use it since it will be expiring soon.


I had leftover cream cheese which I scooped with an ice cream scooper and poured 1/2 bottle of the mango chutney. I served it as one of my hors d'oeuvres. It was a hit. Amy couldn't stop talking about how she loved it.


It was a Friday in Lent so I could not serve meat. Instead of a salad, I served my favorite Tomato Bisque Soup from Bristol Farms. Both Sandi and Amy are not fans of tomato bisque but they liked this one.


For our entrée, I cooked Chicken Scampi which was purchased from Specific Pacific. I then added penne pasta, chanterelle mushrooms, and some Rao's Puttanesca sauce. It turned out to be very good.


For dessert, I served a store bought Apple Pie from Bristol Farms. I didn't expect it to be that good but Amy and I loved it because the apples were firm and not mushy which Sandi prefers. Oh well, we can't all have a sophisticated taste!


No comments:

Post a Comment