Saturday, March 2, 2019

Cronut & Champagne Anyone?

Dominique Ansel has done it again. Month after month I keep thinking this is the month when the cronut of the month will not be as good as last months. After lunch at Umami Burger at the Grove, which by the way has failed to impress me, we stopped by Dominique Ansel's Bakery.

The flavor for the month of March is Balsamic Fig & Olive Shiso Cronut. It has homemade fig jam with a hint of balsamic, creamy olive oil shiso ganache finished with lemon zest sugar. The key to the multilayer crispy cronut is incorporating something tart to complement the sweet stuff. Sandi bought 4 and I walked away with 6 in their beautiful box.


Since we had burgers and fries dinner had to be light. As I was wrapping the cronuts to freeze, I left one out. I didn't think I could wait till breakfast so I had the bright idea of having a cronut with Rosé Champagne. I am a firm believer that everything goes with champagne, unlike wine. It was a pair indeed!


It was a delightful dinner. Cronut & champagne. The only thing missing was Richard Gere!

No comments:

Post a Comment