Saturday, June 2, 2018

The Original Cronuts

I have had many so-called cronuts under different names like croissant donuts or kronuts, etc. Some better than others. I've never had the one from Dominique Ansel, the father, and creator of the cronut, until yesterday. Three of us ventured over to the Orange Grove to buy some to take home. We didn't have it right away since we had plans to have lunch at Laduree, also at The Grove. There were a multitude of pastries from eclairs, canalés, kouign-amanns and a variety of croissants.


As soon as I got home I opened my beautiful yellow package to view these babies; cronuts, kouign-amanns and canalés. I immediately set one cronut on a dish and admired it. The anticipation was killing me. I finally had a bite. There are no words to describe the experience. It was unbelievably one of the best things I've ever had in my life. It was crunchy, not at all too sweet as there was an explosion of liquids and gel oozing out. I couldn't tell exactly what flavors, I only knew it was a bit tart yet sweet. I later called the store to find out exactly what was in the cronut. The answer was: Passion Fruit Ganache, Guava Jam, Caramelized Orange Peel, and Custard. Nothing was overpowering. Everything just came together like a beautiful symphony.


Upon further investigation, I was told that they change the flavor of Cronuts every month. The one I got will be available until the end of June. We decided we will have to check every month and make the trip to The Grove so as not to miss any of the wonderful flavors. For your information, the cronuts are not cheap, it cost $6.00 but every bite is well worth it. Take my word for it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment