Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Ladurée

We finally made it to Ladurée, the French pâtisserie which specializes in macarons, not to be confused with macaroons which are cookies made with coconut. They opened a couple of shops in Beverly Hills and one at The Grove. As soon as you walk into the store, you are transported to Paris. They all have the same design and one cannot get over how beautiful the pastries and macarons look on display.


We were there for lunch and it was a perfect L.A. day to sit outside under the umbrellas. My brother already told me that the Croque Monsieur was good so I had planned to order that. The only reason I didn't order the Croque was that they had a Lobster Roll with French Fries and Sandi decided to order the Croque so I knew I would be able to have a bite of hers. Sujata went for the Breakfast Avocado Toast.


The Croque Monsieur was indeed very good. It was prepared a different way but still good. Sujata's avocado looked great especially the way the eggs were cooked; light and fluffy. My lobster was a bit of a disappointment. They were served on top of 3 tiny brioche rolls. It looked like a lot of lobster on the roll but they had scooped off just a tiny portion on the brioche so it held very little lobster salad which was too mushy, I don't know what sauce they had but it almost seemed like the lobster was undercooked. I must say that the French Fries were excellent.


We did buy an eclair to take home and compare it with the eclair we got at Dominique Ansel's shop. Ladurée is located at 189 The Grove Drive, Unit H in Los Angeles.

No comments:

Post a Comment