Thursday, June 28, 2018

Dinner with Family and Friends

Any excuse to get together and eat seems to be my motto. Since my brother Dino and his wife and 2 youngest sons were still here, I cooked my go-to chicken with mushrooms and artichoke hearts. This is a no-brainer recipe I invented and it involves your favorite spaghetti sauce and jars of hearts of artichokes in oil. This chicken dish has a lot of yummy sauce which is perfect with mashed potatoes. Since it was a late dinner, I decided not to have salad but serve fresh asparagus with a mayo-mustard sauce instead.


We had a variety of desserts. Sandi made her famous Key-Lime Pie with a chocolate crust. The Trinidads gave Dino a box of beautiful desserts from Artelice Pâtisserie in Los Angeles. The Napoleon and the cream puff were super delicious. Unfortunately, my stomach did not have room for all the desserts.


I don't think anyone left hungry. It was late enough that Sandi and I had a good excuse not to go to the gym the following day.

No comments:

Post a Comment