Sunday, January 1, 2017

Christmas Dinner 2016

Though we did not have snow outside on Christmas Day, we could see snow on the top of the San Bernardino mountains. It was cold outside, though not nearly as cold as the East Coast. It was a beautiful day!


I had forgotten how much work is involved in cooking for the holidays even if I tried to make a simple dinner. Pork Tenderloin with a black currant and vermouth sauce and a Spinach-Prosciutto Artichoke Lasagna was the menu. I didn't even bother with salad. 



For dessert, I had ordered an Ivory Gold Gateau (chocolate cake with white chocolate icing) from Neiman Marcus. The cake should have arrived Friday, the 23rd. The cake never made it. I started calling the afternoon of the 23rd and even the 24th only to be told they could not get hold of the vendor. Needless to say, I was very upset! Sandi had an apple strudel in her freezer from Mishi's Bakery so I ended up baking that for our dessert. There were no disasters aside from the original dessert MIA (missing in action).  


Picture time was repetitive. Everyone was not happy with themselves. We had to take several pictures. We could not remember the word you have to say to take a good picture. I recently read about the the best word to say but couldn't remember so Gary had to google which word; they had several...we tried them all but it was just hopeless. This was the end result.


1 comment:

  1. From the photo above you can see I wasn't present on Christmas Day but I was fortunate enough to be invited for leftovers from this meal. The Spinach-Prosciutto Artichoke Lasagna really captured my attention! An interesting recipe that Candy put together perfectly. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete