Monday, January 2, 2017

New Years Day Party 2017

What better way to celebrate the new year than inviting my friends. Dinner would have been to complicated so I just had appetizers and dessert of course!


What's a celebration without champagne. Napoleon Bonaparte supposedly once said:" Champagne; in victory one deserves it, in defeat one needs it". New Year's Day is victory, we all conquered 2016!

We had numerous appetizers. I ordered the wonderful chicken wings from Wing Stop. I have to mention that the 2 best flavors are the Louisiana Rub and the Lemon Pepper. You also have to order it well done to make it extra crispy. Mertz brought her famous crostinis; one with the bacon and one with pears. Both were delicious. Potato macaroni with veggies were from Paradise Hut. Sandi made her famous meatballs and I opened my last jar of Salsa Funghi & Tartufi from Rome. There was the usual cheese, prosciutto and crackers as well as salsa with cheese. I fried some Weisswurst and served it with a nice mustard.


Dessert was a beautiful chocolate cake from Vie de France. I had some Alfajores from B.K. Bakery which is always a hit. Cindy bought Jill's (sister-in-law) famous cookies. I also had the Belgian Truffles from Sam's which are the best but only sell them during the holidays.


I don't know about everyone else but most were too full to have any dinner. We all started the year very happy. CHEERS!

2 comments:

  1. Perfect New Year's Day gathering with good food and company. Candy's table looked as beautiful as ever, and there were so many choices to sample. I hadn't tried Wing Stop before and the lemon pepper wings get my vote. You can really taste the citrus. The chocolate cake was a perfect end to the appetizer feast and of course required we drink more champagne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People might think I paid you to say all the nice things.

      Delete