Thursday, January 19, 2017

Tuna and Cauliflower

My friend Amy gave me some tuna which her son caught when he went on his annual fishing expedition. I marinated the fish for 2 hours in 2 tablespoons Dijon honey mustard, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar, and 2 teaspoons soy sauce. I got out my fish plates and started cooking. I cooked them on a grill pan with a little olive oil. I decided to serve a salad for healthier measures.


I tried to stay away from carbohydrates, something I rarely do, so I baked a Cauliflower recipe I got from Cindy's mom, Barbara. The recipe called for frozen cauliflower but I used the fresh one instead. I first microwaved the cut pieces and was careful not to overcook it. I then beat the cream cheese, butter, half and half till creamy and poured it over the cauliflower. It called for bread crumbs on top. I used Corn Flakes bread crumbs. I refrigerated it till it was ready to go in the 350 degree oven. I covered it and let it bake for about 30 minutes and I increased the heat and took off the cover to brown the top. The result was a success. The vegetable was nice and creamy and nobody felt guilty about the cream and butter since we were eating healthy vegetables. The fish was perfect, nice and flaky inside and packed with flavor.


It's nice to eat fish once in awhile, especially when it is not store bought. I thank Amy and her son Bryce. Here's to catching more fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment