Saturday, December 31, 2016

Christmas Eve Dinner at Gary's

It was an evening of fun with people I don't see often.. I haven't seen my cousin Mike Guingona in a zillion years though he thinks it's just been a million. He and his wife Jackie and sister in law Niña and husband Steve brought  a big platter of delicious Paella which Niña made. My only complaint was I had to peel the shrimps.


I arrived at Gary's house early as usual. Only Ramon was there cooking the prime rib while everyone else was at the 5:30 p.m. vigil mass. I brought some chicken wings from Wing Stop which everyone loved. Aside from the usual cheese and crackers, Milena, bless her heart....brought a jar of the Black Truffle Pate which we all bought when we were in Paris. Her supply was long gone so she had purchased more in Hong Kong. There was Poke served in individual dishes, noodles, Salmon which Liz made, Mussels, and numerous desserts. The food is ALWAYS very good. Filipinos really take pride in their food and enjoy eating more than the average species.


I was first to leave the party at 11 p.m. as I had to drive home by myself. The party went on till 3 a.m. Christmas Eve at Gary's seem to come sooner and faster.  They say the older you get, the faster time flies and it sure is flying by on to the next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment