Tuesday, February 2, 2016

dineLA Terrine

Unfortunately, I could not have dinner every night during the 2 weeks of dineLA. I tried to get as much as I could in the 2 weeks in January 2016. One solution was to try the lunch menu.

Gary, Sandi and I decided to try Terrine. For $20, it was almost a no-brainer. The menu looked good. My only regret was the Foie Gras Terrine was not listed. I was tempted to order it for $22 but Gary talked me out of it. The idea of us going to 2 course meal was to only pay the $20.00.  Keep in mind that valet is $8.00 plus tip.


Gary and I had the Lobster Bisque which was delicious but was served warm, borderline cold. We did not bother to send it back since we didn't want to wait as service was on the slow side. Sandi had the Salade of Frisee which included a poached egg. She raved about the dressing. It looked to healthy for me. Gary ordered the Crispy Chicken Sandwich which he seemed to enjoy as all I could hear him say was " Um...ummm...um."  Sandi and split the Truffled Grilled Cheese with caramelized shallots and the Terrine Burger with truffle butter aioli and tomatoes. We were both very happy with our sandwiches.


I must mention that $20 seems cheap and affordable for lunch, but by the time you add drinks, in this case, diet coke was $4.00 and aside from the sales tax, they add a 3% Healthy L.A. What you may ask is a Healthy L.A? It's helping the owners provide health insurance to their employees. I didn't want to spoil the lunch by getting into it so we just paid it. In the meantime, I got a chance to call Terrine later to ask about it. Their response was:  "It is an optional charge."  I asked the lady on the phone that if indeed it was optional, why were we not asked? They are counting on having a "conversation" with the customers, so if they don't like the idea then they would have the option of not paying it. She further told me that if they had it on the menu, people would not see it. Yeah......who are they kidding....(us); they just figured they could get away with it. Very sneaky.

I just decided I can live without the Foie Gras Terrine.

No comments:

Post a Comment