Friday, February 19, 2016

Corned Beef Hash

Not all breakfast places serve Corned Beef Hash and if they do, you sometimes don't get very good meat or it may be to greasy. The Corned Beef Hash at the Original Pancake House is something you should try.


It consists of homemade hash and a blend of Kosher beef, potatoes, onions and cream. It is served with 2 eggs, any style you want though in my opinion it should only be served with fried eggs, and the best side you could possibly want......potato pancakes. These are not your ordinary potato pancakes you might have had elsewhere. These are truly the best as they are thin and light. They usually serve them with apple sauce and sour cream. When you get them with the corned beef hash, they don't come with anything so DO NO FORGET to ask for some apple sauce.

I have to inform you that one order of this is good for 2 very hungry people. I gave some of mine to 2 people to try and I still had enough left over for another breakfast!

My friend Nako had the pancakes. In my opinion, they have the best pancakes compared to IHOP, Denny's or Norm's. I am excluding gourmet pancakes from fancy places. This is strictly comparing apples with apples or should I say pancakes with pancakes.


The Original Pancake House has numerous locations from coast to coast. There are over 100 franchises, some with a different name; the one in Chicago is called Walker Brothers.  Fortunately there's one close to me at 1756 S. Pacific Coast Hwy. in Redondo Beach California.

No comments:

Post a Comment