Wednesday, January 27, 2016

dineLA Lawry's

So sorry if you're sick of me talking about Lawry's. We just could not pass on the $49 dinner deal which included the Famous Spinning Bowl Salad, California Cut of Roasted Prime Ribs of Beef with mashed potatoes and Yorkshire Pudding with Broiled Nova Scotia Lobster Tail.

We celebrated Piero's birthday there 2 nights ago. He too never gets tired of Lawry's. We made it a point to get there before our reservation so we could enjoy a couple of meatballs, though Piero thought he needed more than a couple. Their homemade potato chips are almost the best and I say almost because it lacks salt. This time I remembered to pack some in a tiny ziplock and happily sprinkled some on my chips.


I thought we would start with an order of Shrimp Cocktail which I have had in the past. It was nice and plump. We enjoyed them with lemon and cocktail sauce. We loved our server, Miss Sargent. Before she tossed our salad, she whispered something to Piero and before we knew what was going on, he was standing by the spinning salad ready to do the honors. In all my years of coming to Lawry's I was never asked to do it. It was a very nice touch which made the birthday boy feel special.


After the good sourdough bread, shrimp cocktail and the salad, we were ready for the main event. The prime rib was a good portion. We were asked if we wanted any sides. Creamed corn is always a must no matter what. We were not aware that this was not included in the menu; just so you know, it was $7.00 extra. It was not a problem because I would have ordered it anyway though it would have been nice if it was included. The Lobster tail was downright heavenly. Again I am amazed how they cook this to perfection. Sure it's only a few bites but with all that butter, that's all you need.


The dinner was delicious and filling.  Before we ordered our desserts which was included in the dinner menu, Miss Sargent and her team brought out an English Trifle for Piero which is always light and refreshing. Piero ordered the Chocolate Fantasy Creme which was a mousse with white chocolate shavings on top and whipped cream.  Sandi and I opted for the Apple a la Mode with sea salt caramel.  Sandi didn't care much for pie. What do you expect from someone who bakes delicious pies and bread pudding all the time. I liked that the apples were not mushy; it had a bit of a crunch to it and went well with the ice cream. The sea salt caramel was hardly there. I think next time I will have to ask for a little cup of caramel.


After almost finishing a bottle of wine between 2 people since one can't drink red wine, all 3 of us felt like we needed to be loaded up on a wheelbarrow as we were unable to move. Well, Sandi did have some left overs so technically she could have pushed the wheelbarrow with me and Piero in it.  I am happy to report that so far, dinner at Lawry's has never been a disappointment.




No comments:

Post a Comment