Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Thomas' Maple French Toast English Muffin

A week ago I bought Thomas' Multi-grain English Muffin. It was too healthy for me. When I toasted it, it got very hard. I didn't care for it at all. So, as soon as I finished that batch, I went back to the market intending to buy the regular sourdough which is always good.

On the shelf of Ralph's market was a "Limited Edition" Maple French Toast. It sounded good and I thought to myself: "It can't be worse than the multi-grain." I also thought it might be good with cream cheese if it's already sweet.


The following morning, I experimented. I toasted both and applied cream cheese and the last of my raspberry jam from good old L'Amande Bakery, and on the other one, butter and jam. Both were very good. In as much as I love butter, the cream cheese won! It balanced the sweetness of the muffin. The raspberry jam was not that sweet so it complemented the cream cheese.


Since this is a limited edition, I plan to go back and buy a bunch to freeze for future enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment