Saturday, January 2, 2016

Chocolate Champagne Cake-Nieman Marcus

I got a package yesterday from Chicago. I opened the big box and there was another silver box inside. As I opened the silver box, there was yet another harder silver box with an aqua cardboard that bore the name Neiman Marcus "Chocolate Champagne Cake". The box was quite heavy. Inside the box was a round tin can.


As I inverted the humongous 4lb cake, I began to see the beauty of this very moist and rich looking bundt cake. I could hardly wait to try it as I unwrapped the plastic cover. I got my sharp knife and delicately sliced through it. The first bite almost put me in a state of shock. How can anything be so moist and ohhh so delicious. I could taste the alcohol (champagne) which made it more devilicious. All I needed was a glass of champagne to go with it. Though not low in calories, it has 75mg of cholesterol in 1 serving which is 1/16 of the cake. Who is measuring? Not a problem, nothing good old Lipitor can't handle. On the healthy side, it has 2 grams of Fiber!


On New Year's Day, I served this for dessert with vanilla ice cream. That only made me go into a coma. Everyone loved it. After dinner, we were all comatose.


No comments:

Post a Comment