Monday, December 1, 2014

Thick French Chocolate

If you've never had the "real" thick French chocolate from L'Amande Bakery, you have been missing something amazing. If you've never had the hot chocolate at the infamous Angelina in Paris, here's your chance. It is thick and very rich. This isn't for the people who are always on a diet. With the cold weather approaching, now is a good time to enjoy this wonderful drink.

I took my nephew and his daughter to the bakery for their first breakfast at L'Amande Bakery. My nephew had the Croque Jeune Homme, another incredible dish; see previous blog:
http://solittlethyme.blogspot.com/2013/10/introducing-croque-jeune-homme.html and his daughter Sab, ordered a chocolate croissant. After several bites, Sab's dad Andre, dipped the croissant in the thick chocolate and when she had that bite, I knew she was on to something special. After that, Andre gave her a bite of his Croque Jeune Homme and dunked it in the chocolate. I had nothing to dunk as I already finished my breakfast so I had to have a bite of her croissant with the thick chocolate. I had to agree with Sab's remark: "It's so yummy"; and yummy it was. It didn't stop there, a piece of bacon found it's way into the chocolate and that was enjoyed as well. I wanted to try that but since there was not enough bacon, I thought I would just wait and order my very own Croque Jeune Homme next time and do my own dipping.


One might think that chocolate on chocolate would be overkill but you have to try it the next time as it is truly delicious. I am just surprised why I didn't think of it before. I am glad my nephew did. I guess there is some truth to the saying: "The acorn does not fall far from the tree."

L'Amande Bakery has 2 locations; one in Torrance at the Rolling Hills Plaza and the other at S.Santa Monica Blvd. in  Beverly Hills .

No comments:

Post a Comment