Monday, December 22, 2014

Chocolate in Chocolate

I just have to share what I had for breakfast this morning.  I had it at L'Amande Bakery in Torrance.
First let me break it down.  I ordered a chocolate croissant and the thick French chocolate which is served with whipped cream.


I then proceeded to scoop all of the whipped cream and slowly letting it fall into the cup of the thick French chocolate. I then gently mixed it but not all the way, I wanted some cream to stay afloat.


The next step is critical. I held the the croissant with both hands and tore it apart, admired the nice flaky layers of my croissant before dunking the piece without the chocolate into the hot chocolate.  It was delicious; a very rich flavor.  I took turns of dunking and not dunking and I immediately concluded that I preferred the ones bathed in the hot chocolate. My thought was it would be too sweet or too rich. Well.......it was, but I didn't seem to mind it. It gave me the energy to withstand my dance lessons with Piero and Tom!


I would like to thank Nayeli, my server at L'Amande for holding the croissant for me so I could take the picture. She was very helpful.

L'Amande currently has 2 locations; one in Torrance at the Rolling Hills Plaza and the other in Beverly Hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment