Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Speculoos Crunchy Cookie Butter

It took my nephew Andre from the Philippines to make me buy this jar of cookie butter from Trader Joe's.  He informed me that this was quite popular in the Philippines even if they don't have Trader Joe's. It is apparently being sold at some specialty stores over there.


That made me very curious so the last time I was at Trader Joe's with him, I had to buy a jar. The consistency is very much like peanut butter.  I bought Thomas' English Muffin (original sourdough) and toasted it the following morning. I then spread some of the cookie dough on it and made sure all the nooks and crannies got their share of the spread. The verdict: Delicious! I recommend you eat this with a slice or two of your favorite strong cheddar cheese.  A strong cup of coffee with it was a perfect breakfast.


Not everything at Trader Joe's is good. This was not bad at all. I am sure it would go well with bananas, apples and a few other items. You can get this at your nearest Trader Joe's.

No comments:

Post a Comment