Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Talenti v.s. Magnum

I have previously blogged about these 2 sinful ice cream bars. The Magnum comes in different flavors but I have only had the Double Caramel. The ice cream base is vanilla bean and this is dipped in a chocolate coating with caramel sauce and milk chocolate. Before Talenti came out with their version, I was addicted to Magnum.



Talenti is slightly different as it is mainly sea salt caramel dipped in rich dark chocolate. This is also quite addicting. Today as I was looking for Talenti I bumped into my old friend Magnum. Since I haven't had it for a long time, I was curious to see if Magnum still ruled. The only way to find out was to do a side by side taste test.



So it begun.... a bite of the Talenti then a bite of the Magnum, then another bite of Talenti and back to Magnum.  I concluded that the Magnum was a bit heavier and richer which is or isn't necessarily good or bad unless you count the calories. The Talenti was lighter. Both were delicious in it's own way. I was enjoying them and could have finished both till I added the total calories. Had I devoured both, I would have consumed a total of 540 calories, 65 mg. cholesterol, 53 g.sugar; the plus side....3 g.fiber!


Conclusion: There is no clear winner here. They are both very good and you find them in the ice cream department on your nearby supermarket.

No comments:

Post a Comment