Thursday, December 11, 2014

Sugarfina

While shopping at South Coast Plaza this weekend, I spotted Sugarfina the candy store. I have heard of this so called "gourmet" store so my friend and I went in to investigate. The store looked cool decorated in colors of blue; somewhat reminiscent of Tiffany's.

They had all sorts of candies, chocolates in different flavors. The salesperson informed us that we could sample anything we wanted. We did sample a few and some were better than others. We both particularly liked the Champagne Bubbles which reminded us of nonpareils but had the consistency of a gummy bear, not to be confused with the Champagne Gummy Bears which supposedly has real champagne in them as opposed to the bubbles which only has the flavor.


We then tasted the the Bacon Toffee which we both liked. The sea salt caramel did not excite us. I ended up buying a small box of the Champagne Bubbles, and a box of the Bacon Toffee. I also bought a bigger box of the Peanut Butter Toffee for a friend that loves anything peanut butter.

The sales person put everything in one bag. I asked for an extra bag since the bigger box was going to be a present. He informed me that I would have to buy the extra bag. I was appalled! They had nice packaging but they are too cheap and stingy to give out bags. I bought 3 boxes so technically, they should be able to give out 3 little bags. I often buy things to give to friends so they can sample what I've discovered.


I have read comments on yelp on how people correlate Sugarfina to Tiffany's.  This is an injustice. No matter how inexpensive an item is at Tiffany's, they never skimp on their gift bags. Why?....because Tiffany's not only sell quality.....they do have class!

Sugarfina has a lot to learn. If they want to join the "big boys" they have to act like one. Needless to say, I will not be shopping there anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment