Monday, November 24, 2014

Little Dom's

I have always wanted to eat at Little Dom's as I have read nothing but good things about it.

Today, a group of us visited the L.A. Zoo and after a couple of hours of walking we all thought we needed to eat somewhere good and close by.  My brother googled restaurants and when he mentioned Little Dom's, I thought it was a perfect opportunity.

We got there at 2:00 p.m. and thank God, they were serving lunch till 3:00 p.m. I wanted to order the Fried Oyster Sandwich with crispy speck, arugula and spicy mayo but no one was interested in splitting that with me. The reason I wanted to split the sandwich is because I also wanted to have a pasta dish.

The Homemade Spaghetti with wild boar bacon "Carbonara" and the black pepper & pecorino, better known as Cacio e Pepe sounded very good. It was an easy choice for me. I split both with Sandi. Cindy, Gary and Andre had the Cacio e Pepe. Andre's daughter Sab, wanted a Pizza Margherita and we were all happy as we knew, there was no way she could finish a whole pizza!

Both Spaghetti dishes came and the first thing we noticed was that the servings were small. The carbonara was delicious with the pieces of wonderful bacon. The spaghetti could have been more aldente but otherwise, Sandi and I were very happy with it. The black pepper & pecorino was a disappointment. It had enough pepper but not enough pecorino. It was edible only after we dumped a ton of parmesan cheese. I suggest someone from Little Dom's pay a visit to Il Pastaio in Beverly Hills and order the Cacio e Pepe so they can get a better idea of what it should taste like.


Sab's pizza was a hit. The pizza was thin, very simple and delicious. The crust was fell apart when you bit into it as it was brittle and a bit burnt; the way we all liked it. None of the desserts excited anyone so we all decided to skip it.


Little Dom's is located at 2128 Hillhurst Ave. in Los Angeles.

No comments:

Post a Comment