Thursday, November 6, 2014

Hooked on JuJuya

Took my son to JuJuya last night. I knew he was in for a treat as he is fond of sushi and sashimi. I on the other hand am not. Well, to clarify, I would only go to Nobu or Matsuhisa since those are the ones I trust and know I would enjoy whatever is put on my plate.

I have been to JuJuya a few times and  have sampled more of their dishes so I can honestly say it is now one of my favorite restaurants. I wanted my son to try the Crispy Oysters and the Saikyo Miso Chilean Sea Bass with Ponzu sauce; both delicious.



It was time to experiment and try to discover new items on the menu. We ordered a Tuna Tataki Salad with yuzu onion dressing and the Yellowtail Carpaccio with sizzling sesame ginger garlic sauce. Both were thinly slices and just melted in our mouths. We also ordered steamed rice to go with them which was great so as not to waste any left over sauce.



The Sushi Seafood Tower was a short tower but it's size did not lack taste. This was red sushi rice (more like pink) topped with lobster, shrimp, crab meat with red/black caviar. Another delicious dish packed with wonderful flavor.


My son agreed to split a dessert with me. I liked the apple tart the last time but I remember having to fight over a scoop of the salted caramel gelato so they gave us 2 scoops. We both finished our respective halves. Chef Mako came by and asked us how we were enjoying our meal; I had nothing but very good praises for his creations. I can't wait to introduce more people to JuJuya.


JuJuya is located at 550 Deep Valley Dr. Suite 145 in Rolling Hills Estates in California; better known as the Promenade in Rolling Hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment