Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The Best Apple Pie

This was another fabulous creation of my friend Ana. Her cake put me in a state of coma when I had a bite of her awesome chocolate cake. For those of you that missed that blog, here it is:

http://solittlethyme.blogspot.com/2014/09/a-hell-of-cake.html

She decided to make an apple pie from the Mutsu apples we bought from Oak Glen a week ago. I would have happily picked it up from her house but she insisted on delivering it herself. It was still hot when it got to my kitchen.

The pie was made with the firm apples cooked with cinnamon in an all butter shortcrust. This was topped with a classic walnut crumble made with more butter and brown sugar.


As I cut a piece of the pie, a heavenly aroma filled my kitchen.  The piece fell apart as it hasn't had time to rest. The first bite put me in a state of shock. I had never had an apple pie so perfect in every way, from the texture of the apples, the crust and the topping. To prove my point, I did not even attempt to reach for the whipped cream I had in the refrigerator. I just wanted to enjoy the fantastic flavor of this pie. I just hope she gets into a baking mood this holiday season and may the good Lord grant her the spirit of sharing.


No comments:

Post a Comment