Sunday, September 28, 2014

A Hell of a Cake

This is the best chocolate cake I ever had in my 61 years! Yessssss! My friend Ana asked if I could be the guinea pig for her creation. She always said that her cakes were good but it never looked good. Indeed often times,  looks are the gateway to an exciting culinary adventure.

I did not see the whole cake but the big chunk I got was supposedly lopsided as the caramel in between the layers got heavy therefore hard to make it uniform; so I am told. I did not see any of the imperfections. All I saw was a dark and very moist chocolate cake. It was so moist that it glistened and it looked like nothing was holding the cake together. It reminded me of a sponge with a lot of air pockets. On the side was an extra serving of caramel. In my excitement, I didn't even transfer the cake to a plate for "picture taking". I ate it right off the container.



I had one bite......I was speechless and almost comatose!  The cake was unlike any other cake I have had. It was very moist chocolate and apparently had coffee in it. The caramel also had coffee and had that wonderful burnt taste. It was unbelievable. I gave my son one bite and another bite to a friend. They both loved it. Those 2 bites were all I could spare. I shall continue to savor the rest tomorrow with a strong cup of coffee. I only wish I could share this cake with the rest of you (not my portion) I will try and talk her into taking orders for this fabulous, marvelous cake.




No comments:

Post a Comment