Monday, September 8, 2014

Osteria Enoteca San Marco

We would have very disappointed if our last meal in Venice was not good. We stumbled on this restaurant while walking the streets of Venice and we promptly made a reservation.


Someone had ordered Foie Gras with accouterments which I had a bite of and found it to be super buttery. Some of us had a primi for appetizer.  I was lucky as the person sitting next to me had my second choice, the Spaghetti with onions, anchovies and salted mullet roe; loved that one as it was salty as expected.  Ryan and I sat next to each other so we carefully planned our method of attack. We split an order of 2 kinds of Prosciutto that we truly enjoyed. We both love Cacio e Pepe and decided to each have our own which was a wise decision as I easily devoured everything on the plate.





Aimee had Tagliolini Neri with crab and zucchini. That was good too but I wouldn't have traded my Cacio e Pepe for anything! The Veal Ossobuco with vegetables and rice looked good. Rabbit with pine nuts and olives made the guy that ordered it hopping for joy. Ryan and I split an order of the Sole Fillets flavored with prosecco served with black rice and boulgur. We could not believe our luck. From excellent prosciutto, cacio e pepe and then the sole. It was unbelievably delicious. I normally don't get excited over any fish. It was packed with flavor.





They had several desserts. Someone ordered the Salty Caramel Cheese Cake which was good but a bit too sweet and rich for my taste. Ryan and I were on a roll and kept wondering if the dessert would finally let us down. We both ordered our own ( no sharing on this one) Gelato di Burrata al Balsamico con Mirtilli; translated...Gelato with Burrata and Balsamic with blackberries. This was the best gelato I have ever had. It had nice chunks of creamy burrata and the balsamic glaze drizzled all over the gelato made it supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! Ryan and I were "smokin" that evening.



Osteria Enoteca San Marco's address is Calle Frezzeria 30124, Venezia, Italy. If you make it to Venice, this is a place not to be missed.





No comments:

Post a Comment