Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Croissant Donut at Jack in the Box

I was on a stop sign in my car on my way home from the gym this morning as I happened to see a poster on the window of  Jack in the Box: Croissant Donut. The light turned green and instead of going straight, I turned right and went into the parking lot of Jack in the Box.  I had to investigate what this "cronut" was all about.

While I waited for my turn to order, I saw them popping some of the donuts into the fryer. They were mini donuts so I knew I needed more than a donut for breakfast. I ordered the "meat lovers" burrito which had scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and ham. The donuts came in 3's and if you ordered 2 orders, (6) you get a discount. Who doesn't want a good deal? I left with 1 burrito and 6 croissant donuts.



The burrito tasted better than it looked and the donuts looked better than it tasted. The consistency of the donuts were right on: very light and crispy though it didn't have too many layers.  The problem was it had too much sugar and therefore made it overly sweet.  It reminded me of a Mexican churro since it also had a lot of cinnamon. If it had less sugar it would have tasted better.  If they dipped it in dark chocolate, it would have been even better but I am not close to Jack so I don't think my suggestion would do any good.


No comments:

Post a Comment