Saturday, September 13, 2014

Porktato at Yellow Fever

Porktato, a new dish at the Yellow Fever . My niece Aimee sent me a picture of it and wanted me to try it since it was 5 minutes from my home. I did not want to let her down so I sent my son to get a few of the Porktatoes 2  nights ago.

What is a porktato? It is a baked potato with pork belly, 4 kinds of cheese, sour cream, green onions, kona sauce (tamarind katsu) and a fried egg. It is as good and rich as it looks. The only bad thing about it is: today, Sept. 13, 2014 is the last day they are serving it. It was a "special" for a limited time. I tried to talk to Kelly, the owner and chef but she was unavailable. Maybe, if enough of us beg, she is bound to bring back the porktato.


If you've never heard of Yellow Fever before, see previous blog:
http://solittlethyme.blogspot.com/2014/02/yellow-fever.html

Yellow Fever is located at 24416 Crenshaw Blvd. in Torrance, California. Their phone number is (310) 539-2249.

No comments:

Post a Comment