Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Honda

Honda Japanese Restaurant in Torrance has been around since the early 80's,  I have been there probably shortly after it opened.  I don't remember much but I do remember that when my parents came to visit from the Philippines, they always had to visit Honda.


A friend and I had a foot massage at "Head to Toe" for $20 which was a great deal. It was dinner time when we finished our heavenly treat and right across from it was the restaurant.  My friend felt adventurous and so did I. We walked in and was surprised by the number of people.

The menu looked good; they had a separate one for sushi but we both didn't feel too adventurous that we just stuck with the basics. For our appetizer, we ordered the Edamame with sea salt. That was a disappointment as we hardly could taste the salt. I had to ask for more salt. I have had better edamame.


My friend and I both ordered the Tempura and Angus Beef Teriyaki. That was much better than our appetizer. The soup had a lot of good flavor and was not too salty like most miso soups. The tempura was light and the beef was tender and packed with goodness especially with the extra teriyaki sauce. The portions were generous that even I did not clean out my plate!


Dancing in the morning, foot massage with a girlfriend and a nice dinner to end the day....what more can I ask for.

Honda is located at 3629 Pacific Coast Hwy. in Torrance, California ( by the parking lot of Best Buy and Office Depot)

No comments:

Post a Comment