Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Gaetano's New Member

Gaetano's Ladies Night (men are welcome too)  is every Monday night when you can get appetizers for $5.00 and smaller entrees at a great deal; not to mention inexpensive wine by the glass.

Two nights ago, my friend and I decided to take advantage of the great deal plus we were both craving their Arancini (fried risotto rice balls) with a marvelous sauce. We always have my favorite fried artichokes but we saw something in the menu we never noticed before. It was the Stuffed Artichokes which we decided to try. It was good though I think vegetarians and people who like healthy food would love it more than I did. I still prefer the fried artichokes.



We usually order a lot so we decided to just split an full entree from the regular menu. They had a special called Chitarra Lamb Bolognese. We had to have that and boy were we very surprised. I particularly am hard to please when it comes to Bolognese as I always compare it the ones I have had in Italy, though I have had some very good ones in some of the L.A. restaurants. This was very good. The pasta was real aldente which is a big plus and the lamb ragout was so good that I was sorry I didn't have a full order.


Andreanna the owner, came by and I asked her if I could order the fried artichokes. She told me it was no longer on the menu. I was almost in tears!  I told her how we enjoyed the Bolognese. She introduced us to their new member, Chef Fabio who is from Parma but came from Firenze. It was an honor to meet the man that made this wonderful dish. Alas, Andreanna made me cry again when she told me that the special was only for the month of October.

My prayer: Please Lord, enlighten and convince Dori,Vince,Andreanna & Sean to bring back the Fried Artichokes and please have the Chitarra Bolognese available all the times.

No comments:

Post a Comment