Saturday, November 2, 2013

Tasting Menu at Gaetano's Restaurant

It is hard to believe that this restaurant in Torrance has been in operation for 20 years! I often forget about them since they are so close to home; you know how that is.

Last night after seeing the very entertaining movie "Last Vegas", Sandi and I decided we wanted Italian food. I suggested Gaetano's as I happened to have their newsletter in my purse which offered a 20% off your bill in honor of their 20th anniversary. See my last blog on this restaurant.
http://solittlethyme.blogspot.com/2012/02/gaetanos-restaurant.html

We decided to go with the very reasonable 3 Course Tasting Menu for $23.00.  We had a choice of different salads or soup, several entrees and desserts. I had the Caesar Salad and Sandi had the Garden Salad. For our entree, we ordered the Shrimp Mediterranean Bowtie Pasta and the Brasato. The pasta had sun dried tomatoes, basil, pine nuts, and feta cheese in a garlic olive oil sauce. That was nice and light; all the flavors came together in this pasta dish which was cooked aldente. It satisfied our craving for pasta. The other dish was the Brasato which was pork; chianti braised chuck roast cooked with red roasted potatoes. We didn't need our knives to eat this hunk of pork, as soon as our forks came in contact with it, it just flaked off. It was so good that I felt like singing the old song: "Yummy, yummy, yummy I've got love in my tummy..."




We had a choice of Spumoni or Mini Cannoli. We had one of each to share. I am not a Spumoni fan so I can't comment on it.  We both liked the mini cannoli, light and not too sweet. It was a perfect way to end the meal.



I just found out that they also have a 3 course tasting menu for lunch for $16! What a bargain. For the price they charge, you would expect baby portions or sacrifice quality for quantity. You will be surprised as we were, that quality does not always have to be expensive. Believe it or not, we even had left overs.

Gaetano's is located at 2731 Pacific Coast Highway in Torrance. Stop by this family owned restaurant and feel like one of their cousins!

No comments:

Post a Comment