Saturday, November 9, 2013

Raspberry Truffle Pie

This weekend's special at L'Amande Bakery is a Raspberry Truffle Pie.

I just made a quick trip to the bakery to see what this pie was all about. Got there, bought 2 and headed for home. This time I tried to contain my excitement by not driving fast as the last time I did this, it cost me over $300 (speeding ticket) for the scones I was too excited about!

The raspberry (chocolate) truffle pie looks very much like the salted caramel pie which I love. It tasted like the chocolate truffle pie which I also love but it had a the nice bit of sourness from the raspberry flavor. The truffle sits on a buttery chocolate crust. The end result is another winner.



The bad news is every weekend they come out with a special; why is this bad....well, they also have available the Salted Caramel Balls for a limited time which means I have to buy those as well since you'll never find better balls than theirs. They have the best balls in town. See previous blog.

http://solittlethyme.blogspot.com/2013/09/lovely-soft-balls.html

No comments:

Post a Comment