Thursday, November 7, 2013

Late Night Breakfast

This is what they call the fried chicken cupcake special they sell only on Wednesdays at the My Delight Cupcakery. The good news is if you live in the vicinity of Ontario, California, you are very much in luck. I am nowhere near Ontario. I first had this special a year ago when we made it a point to stop by Ontario on the way to Los Angeles from Palm Springs. Since that time, I was hooked.


My friend Jody and her friends went to Palm Springs a few days ago. They drove back home to Redondo Beach last Wednesday via Ontario. She got a few cupcakes and brought me six of the Late Night Breakfast. If you've never had them, you are missing one of life's pleasures. They are light and flavorful waffle inspired cupcakes stuffed with buttermilk-soaked fried chicken topped with a smooth buttery frosting which is not too sweet, then topped with two pieces of fried chicken then drizzled with a secret blend of maple syrup.


It is good to know that eaten the following day, the cupcake is still delicious and the chicken managed to stay a bit crispy. I expected it to be soggy but that was not the case. I don't know if you could freeze them; I have not tried it yet.  I know the process of frying the chicken is complicated; there's a waiting period. They don't just fry and plot them on top. There's also a chunk of fried chicken inside the cupcake. This cupcake is a good late night snack though it is also as good for breakfast with a cup of nice strong coffee.


Some people get turned off at the mention of fried chicken cupcake or bacon cupcake (my second favorite) but I say don't knock it till you've tried it. Don't you wish you had a Jody to bring you delightful cupcakes?

My Delight Cupcakery is located at 1520 N. Mountain Ave. in Ontario, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment