Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Olive A'Sudden

Clever name for a store that sells all sorts of olive oil and vinegar. This place happens to be in Palm Springs. Four of us walked in this store intending to just look and not buy anything. We were killing time before our reservation at Le Vallauris on our recent trip.



The four of us were like kids let loose in a candy store. The had mini vats of olive oil and balsamic vinegar for the tasting. We tasted as much as we could. I was all over the place when I suddenly zeroed in on Dark Chocolate Vinegar and Espresso Balsamic Vinegar. I asked Tom how one could utilize the chocolate vinegar. He suggested topping it on ice cream or some fruit. That might be a good way of having me eat my daily fruits. I will have to figure out what I can do with the espresso; perhaps on coffee ice cream or some sweet dessert that would need a bit of coffee flavor to cut the sweetness.

I also bought a bottle of the Black Mission Fig Balsamic Vinegar. I already used this last night when I sauteed some mushrooms in butter and poured some of the fig balsamic vinegar. It was delicious; nice fig flavor that went well with the fresh trout I got from my fisherman friend.

Olive A'Sudden also carries whole olives, various sauces and dips. Plan to spend some time in the store.


The possibilities are endless when it comes to cooking with these various oils and vinegars. It is bound to bring out the inner chef in you.

Olive A'Sudden is located at 110 Tahquitz Canyon Way in Palm Springs.

Note: Thank you Tom for all your help and sorry for the confusion.....I did find my credit card in my wallet hiding behind another card!

1 comment:

  1. Karina, I am so happy you brought your friends to our Palm Springs store. We also have a store in Palm Desert, California and Chico, California.

    Also happy that you found your credit card :)

    ReplyDelete