Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Lunch at Le Vallauris in Palm Springs

From an unforgettable evening at Le Vallauris, my 3 friends and I had to go back for lunch before we headed back to Los Angeles.

We had studied the prix fixe menu the night before so we were ready to order as soon as they seated us at our previous table. Willie, the maitre d' from night before came by to say hello even if he was not scheduled to work.

Paul Bruggemans came by to greet his first guests for the day. He even offered to buy us a glass of wine. He must have been overwhelmed by our dedication; first for dinner and first for lunch.

Two of us ordered the Roasted Beet Salad with goat cheese, apples & pistachios with raspberry olive oil dressing. Loved this dish; the combination of the various ingredients worked well together. The other two had the Beet Gazpacho which had a beautiful vibrant color and was very pleasing to the taste buds.



For our entrees, Cindy and I had the Grilled Petit Filet with black peppercorn cognac sauce served with french fries and spinach. The filet was tender and juicy as should be and the wonderful peppercorn cognac sauce was yummy especially when poured over the very crispy fries.
Both Sandi and Sujata could not get away from the fish so they had Halibut which was cooked with honey green peppercorn and olive oil over a bed of a vegetable medley. In my excitement over my steak, I forgot to take a picture of their Halibut. You will have to take my word that the presentation was beautiful and I did have a piece of it and indeed, it was great.


For dessert, we had Chocolate Volcano with chocolate sauce and pistachio ice cream; a very rich dessert that is guaranteed to satisfy any chocolate craving. The other was the Banana Lime Parfait with caramel. That was my dessert. It was light with a hint of tartness, caramelized banana engulfed in light cream. It was heaven on earth.



Before we left for Los Angeles, my 3 friends and I were already planning a trip back to Palm Springs as this might be the closest we'll ever get to heaven.

It is interesting to note that in the Zagat Guide of 2013, Le Vallauris's score went from 26 to 28 on food and from 26 to 28 in service. Service was and is impeccable!

To Mr. Bruggemans: My friends and I thank you for an enchanted evening and a delightful lunch.
We look forward to our next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment