Wednesday, October 9, 2013

ink.sack

Love the restaurant Ink on Melrose.

See previous blog: http://solittlethyme.blogspot.com/2012/04/ink-restaurant.html

ink.sack is a small sandwich shop next to Ink at 8360 Melrose Ave #107 in Los Angeles. I happened to be in the vicinity the other day so I stopped in to get lunch for me and my husband who waited in the car since I was double parked behind one of the stores.  There was a line when I got there and as I waited, I tried to study the menu as quickly as I could. I am a slow learner so I was more confused when it was my turn to order. I decided to order 3 sandwiches in case one was not to my liking.

I ordered the Banh Mi; pork butt, pork belly, chicharrones, pickled vegetables and onion spread. I think this was my favorite one. It was a bit spicy at first, then it got really spicy since it had Jalapenos (didn't know).


I also ordered the Jose Andres, aka "The Spanish Godfather"; Serrano ham, chorizo, and manchego.  If you like chorizo, this is the sandwich for you since you get lots of it. (Pictured in the middle with bbq pork rinds in front)


The third one I got was the Cuban; BBQ pork, ham, swiss, pickles, mustard and mayonnaise.  This was good but not as good as the Banh Mi.


While I waited in line, I saw these little black sacks that was labeled: BBQ Pork Rinds. I thought that would be a good side for our sandwiches. Crunchy and a bit spicy pork rinds....I liked it though I still prefer the way we eat pork rinds in the Philippines; we dip them in vinegar with crushed garlic.

On a very good note, these sandwiches can be eaten an hour later and is till very good as I had to wait till we got home to try them.  They were made with Chiabatta bread from LaBrea bakery. The prices for these sandwiches are very reasonable; they range from $5.00 to $7.00.  What a deal! Did I mention, your order comes in little black sacks with your name written on it....cute.



No comments:

Post a Comment