Thursday, November 26, 2020

Rice Krispies Treat With Brown Butter & Bourbon

My niece gave me this recipe, which got me all excited because it sounded good, especially with the bourbon. I experimented and used Light Rum only because I had some. The recipe called for 1/4 cup of it, but I used 1/3 cup. It was not enough, so next time I will increase it to 1/2 cup and maybe use Dark Rum.

It turned out to be extra chewy and interesting with the salt on top. My son didn't like the salt. I loved it because it gave it an extra flavor; just as your taste buds were enjoying the buttery sweetness of the Krispies, the salt woke up another part of your taste buds. You may want to add salt on just half of it if you have people whose taste buds aren't quite as sophisticated.



I attached the recipe for your convenience. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment