Sunday, November 22, 2020

Gusto Bread

This bakery is worth the drive to Long Beach. Their California Bread is a wheat bread that is also a sour bread that is very crusty outside with a slightly burned taste, which I love and chewy inside. The thick slice with an equally thick slice of Irish, French, or Europen butter will make you a bread addict in no time.


The second time I went, I was sure to get a few of the Nixtamal Queen, which is reminiscent of the Kouign- Amann. It is made with leavened dough caramelized with super crispy, buttery layers. It is perfect with a cup of coffee. I wouldn't mind eating one every day along with my vitamins. 


Before you get excited and decide to buy a dozen or so, make sure you have your credit card, or you might not have enough cash on hand. These little Queens come with a royal price of $7.00 each, which I did not realize. The loaf of bread was $9.00, but that was a big loaf!

Gusto Bread is located at 2710 E. 4th St. in Long Beach, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment