Friday, August 21, 2020

Jus' Poke

Welcome to the world of Poke. I just recently discovered Jus' Poke thanks to my son. This is an ohana-owned (family) Hawaiian poke restaurant in Redondo Beach. We had just come from a nearby CVS after my son went for a COVID 19 test. I asked him where we could pick up food to take home. He came up with Jus' Poke. At first, I was not too excited. I have had Poke before, but I never got excited over it. We looked at the menu online and decided on the Spicy Poke.

We got there shortly and discovered a line. Luckily we were just picking up, so it didn't take long for us to get our food. The order included 2 sides. I picked edamame. I was not sure about the seaweed salad, so I just doubled my edamame. When we got home and opened our styrofoam box, we were both pleasantly surprised by the amount of food. I tried the seaweed salad and was upset that I didn't order that because it was terrific. The Poke was outstanding, The sauce was spicy, but just the right amount of spice. The rice was nice and sticky, which went well with the Poke. 

I could not contain my excitement that I called my 2 friends that do not like anything raw. I told them about it, and I swore that when they get a taste of this, they will be "poke" friendly. I am prepared to buy one and have them try it. If they do not like it, it will be my dinner for that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment