Sunday, August 16, 2020

Lasagna Dinner

 It was 2012 when I last blogged about my Lasagna. I have made it a couple times since then and decided to make it again. I just picked the wrong time to bake it; during a heatwave! I went light on the hors d' oeuvres so people would be able to enjoy the main attraction. I had planned for everyone to sit outside, but it was much too hot, so we ended up in the living room for a change.

We practiced social distancing except when we had to eat and pose for a picture and then held our breath! I  made a Spinach salad with walnuts and cottage cheese and a  with a homemade dressing that had sour cream, vinegar, sugar, horseradish, and dry mustard.

The Lasagna was perfect. Everyone loved it, and this time it was not too salty as I went light on the parmesan. 

Dessert was ordered from Etta's Strudel. They make the best strudel with various flavors: apple, apple walnut, cherry, cherry cheese, apricot, apricot cheese, blueberry, vanilla, vanilla cheese, to name a few. I ordered the apricot cheese. It really is the best strudel you can buy; it is very light and flaky, and it is not too sweet. My favorite is cherry chocolate, but they don't make it anymore. The strudel can be ordered frozen or already baked, and the best part is they deliver free in the South Bay. 

It was the perfect dessert which went well with good food and great company!






No comments:

Post a Comment