Sunday, September 8, 2019

Welcome to L.A., Ann & O.J.

Invited my niece Ann whom I just met in the Philippines in May for the first time. They recently moved to Torrance so it was the perfect opportunity to have them over while my son is visiting and also invited my brother so as we get to know one another over a meal.

It finally cooled off a bit so we were able to sit in the backyard and have some hors d' oeuvres and champagne.


Dinner was simple. We started with a salad with a mango vinaigrette dressing. I made chicken cooked with artichokes in a marinara sauce served over good old red mashed potatoes with lots of butter, milk and whipping cream. I also sautéed portabello mushrooms in butter and Mirin sauce. No one complained about the food so I guess it was o.k.


I made dessert. I poked holes in little sponge cakes and poured some rosé champagne in it and topped them with extra creamy cool whip and fresh strawberries. This time, I had one complaint....from my brother Gary. It was still a bit dry and not totally soaked. But it was still edible if I may say so myself.


It was a very enjoyable get-together. My niece was very sweet like her mom and her husband O.J. was just as lovely.



No comments:

Post a Comment