Friday, September 13, 2019

Dominique's Kitchen

It's hard to believe this quaint restaurant has been around for about 7 years. It seems like just yesterday since it opened. You can always count on very good food and they know what works so they stick to dishes that we all love with occasional specials.

There's a new priest in town, Father Paul Joseph at St. Margaret Mary Church in Lomita. While discussing neighborhood restaurants, Sandi and I were informed that he has not yet been to Dominique's. We decided it was fitting to make the introduction. I couldn't wait to show him my choice of wine I brought for dinner. The name was Benedictus de Vatican Réserve Sacrée 2017 which is really a French wine, not Italian, nevertheless, it was very good wine and could not have been more appropriate.


We ordered the Truffle Fries which everyone finds addicting. Father Paul ordered the Lobster Ravioli which he apparently loved. I already made up my mind even before entering the restaurant to have the wonderful Sole which was pan-seared with a light lemon butter sauce served with sautéed spinach with garlic and onions. Sandi was also set on ordering the sole but changed her mind and opted instead for the Steak with green peppercorn sauce. I have always loved that so rather than change my order, we decided to split both.



We gave Father Paul a choice of dessert. He ordered the Dark Chocolate Mousse which I neglected to take a picture of. We wanted him to try the Baked Alaska so we ordered one to share amongst us.

Everything was delicious as ever. Both Liza and Dominique came by our table to greet and welcome us. I always feel like I'm visiting their home instead of a restaurant because they always treat us like family.

No comments:

Post a Comment