Sunday, September 15, 2019

Amy's Sukiyaki

Amy has always promised to make Sukiyaki for us but every time we go to her house for dinner, the menu has changed. When we got to her house a few days ago, I was all aquiver when I saw the table set with a hot pot in the middle with various vegetables and meat.


I normally do not like going to restaurants and having to cook my meal since I could do that at home. This was different since it was in someone's home plus we talked her into just cooking it for us. As she placed the various vegetables in, I dunked them more into the stock. She later told me I should have kept the veggies in separate corners but it was too late. There were Chinese cabbage, spinach, bamboo shoots, carrots, onions, green onions, and mushrooms and noodles. On the side, she also made the most delicious pieces of pork with green bell peppers in a miso sauce with a bit of sugar. This went well with the white rice. And being someone that loves to grow anything edible, she had sliced some fresh radishes from her garden and with a little vinegar, sugar, and mirin, it was a delicious sidekick to her sukiyaki.


It was a healthy but delectable dinner. We were so stuffed from overeating and we truly enjoyed everything including the uninvited guest named Oliver, the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment