Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Okane Umi

I invited my brother to Okane Umi for his birthday dinner. I had hoped he would like it since he is more of the sushi expert.  He has been enjoying sushi ever since I can remember. It runs in our family and I am the only late-bloomer as I only started appreciating it in the last couple of years.


Okane Umi has a large variety of all kinds of sushi, sashimi, etc. etc. I first discovered it 3 months ago when I walked in and had a feast all by myself. Gary gave me the freedom of ordering for both of us.

I ordered the 10 piece Omakase for each of us (Chef's choice) and 2 orders of Tempura Soft Shell Crab. I asked our server if that was enough and she said yes. I had an Asahi dark beer with mine and Gary had tea. The omakase came with soup that was lovely. The 10 pieces were excellent; all fresh with a silky texture dipped in some soy sauce with wasabi. The ginger was nice to have in between the sushi courses.


The best part of this Omakase is the price of $21.99. It just proves you can enjoy quality for a reasonable price. I just hope they don't jump on the bandwagon and charge more for it. Okane Umi is located at 2439 Pacific Coast Hwy. in Lomita, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment